Sabin Azua recently gave a talk to Business students on a Master's programme at the Public Basque University (UPV/EHU), something which has become a regular occurrence. Entitled "Social Transformation and its repurcussion on business strategy", the talk took as its point of departure the impact of profound transformation that we are witnessing in contemporary society. The effects of technological advances and globalisation was examined in economic terms, by examing specific areas such as:
- The increasing importance of emerging economies
- The importance of automation as a means of improving productivity and its consequential impact on millions of non-specialised jobs
- The precarious nature of the labour market in many countries
- The emergence of new economic models for wealth creation
Mr Azua's talk also looked at the environmental and social impact these chamges will have, such as:
- The huge challenges of environmental sustainability
- The deepening of social inequality in a large number of geographical areas
- Migration flow
- The impact of Social Networking
- The struggle between globalisation and the maintenance of the individual identity of a country or region
- The increasing slide into Populism in many parts of the world, etc.
All these changes were analysed during the presentation, along with any repercussions they may have on the generation of a competitive business strategy which adapts to the new world stage and to the new demands made by Business Management.